Here’s how to make carrot juice in a blender: no juicer needed! It’s easy to whip up this delicious, nutrient filled drink at home.
Are you into juicing? Here’s one of the best juices you can add on the daily: carrot juice! It’s full of nutrients and it tastes fantastic. Instead of drinking soda, why not sip on this glowing orange beauty? This carrot juice recipe results in juice with a beautiful fresh flavor. It’s got natural sweetness from oranges and apples, and a little tang from lemon. Even better, you don’t even need a juicer! Make up a big batch of carrot juice and you can drink off of it all week. Here’s how to make this healthy drink!
Benefits of carrot juice: why drink it?
Why drink carrots as juice, when you could just eat them? Whole carrots are much more filling because of all the fiber. But here’s the thing: it’s easier to absorb all the nutrients and antioxidants from carrots in juice form. Carrot juice has lots of alleged benefits, according to Healthline, Medical News Today, and others. Here are some of the potential benefits (see those articles for details):
- Increased metabolism: so it can potentially help with weight loss
- Stronger vision: the old adage has some truth to it! The beta carotene in carrots can help with eye health
- Boosted immune system from the antioxidants and Vitamin C
- Healthy skin, lowered cholesterol, reduced cancer risk, and more!
This is making us crave a big orange glass right now! Here are the ingredients you’ll need…
Ingredients for carrot juice
Carrot juice requires only a handful of ingredients for big flavor. It’s actually a great way to reduce food waste and use up carrots and fruits that are at their peak. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Carrots: Use 1 pound or 2/12 cups chopped. We like to peel them before blending. If you’re using a juicer, you don’t have to.
- Apple: Any type! We love green apples and always keep them around for smoothies.
- Orange: Any type of orange works too: we used one large.
- Lemon: Lemon juice brings just the right brightness to the juice. This is required: don’t leave it out!
Variations: flavor add-ins!
There are plenty of other options to add pizzazz to your juice. Here are a few other ideas to liven up your basic carrot juice:
- Carrot ginger juice: Add 1 teaspoon peeled and grated ginger.
- Carrot pineapple juice: Add 1 cup chopped fresh or canned pineapple. (You’ll get a larger yield with this addition).
- Carrot mango juice: Add 1 cup diced fresh mango.
- Carrot pear juice: Use 1 pear instead of the apple.
- Carrot cucumber juice: Add ½ cup diced cucumber. (Also try Cucumber Juice!)
- Carrot celery juice: Add 4 celery stalks, roughly chopped. (Also try Celery Juice!)
How to make carrot juice
Ready to get juicing? Here’s how to make carrot juice in a blender! Note: If you have a juicer, simply pass all the ingredients in the recipe below through your juicer.
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Use ½ cup water to get things to blend, but not so much to water down the juice.
- Blend on high until pureed and smooth. It will look like a thick smoothie at this point.
- Strain! This is the important part. Strain the juice through a fine mesh sieve or using a nut milk bag. You can also use a cheesecloth and squeeze it to strain out the juice. Discard that pulp, or see below for some uses.
- Add lemon juice. Lemon juice adds just the right brightness to the flavor at the end.
What to do with carrot juice pulp
In all honesty: we usually throw away our juice pulp. (Gasp!) We admit, it feels wasteful to get rid of it. But honestly, there aren’t that many genius things to do with it. Here’s what we wouldn’t mind doing:
- Add to smoothies. Save the pulp and add it to smoothies: you can even freeze it to get an icy texture! Some good candidates for carrot pulp: Orange Smoothie, Pineapple Smoothie, Fruit Smoothie, Blueberry Banana Smoothie, or Perfect Berry Smoothie.
- Put it in the compost! There’s not reason to make up things like juice pulp crackers. This organic matter is better off in your compost pile! Here’s more about Composting 101.
More carrot recipes
Love carrots? Us too. Here are a few more of our best carrot recipes for getting all those great nutrients:
- Carrot Fries Full of big flavor, sprinkled with ranch seasoning and baked until lightly crispy!
- Perfect Sauteed Carrots or Honey Glazed Carrots The best sauteed carrots you’ll ever have!
- Simple Carrot Salad Fresh and healthy, with a tangy vinaigrette dressing! Ideal for cookouts, potlucks, as a side dish, or for lunch.
- Roasted Carrots or Roasted Carrots and Onions This veggie tastes amazing baked until tender with lemon wedges and thyme.
- Perfect Boiled Carrots Go light and breezy with these perfectly seasoned carrots.
- Roasted Broccoli and Carrots This pair has the perfect flavor and color contrast, and they come out tender and browned.
This carrot juice recipe is…
Vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, and gluten-free.Print
Here’s how to make carrot juice in a blender: no juicer needed! It’s easy to whip up this delicious, nutrient filled drink at home. Juicer option: You can also make this recipe in a juicer: double or triple it if you’d like.
- 1 pound carrots (2 ½ cups chopped)
- 1 large apple
- 1 large orange
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Peel and chop the carrots. Chop the apple, keeping the skin on. Peel the orange.
- Place the carrots, apple, orange, salt, and water in a blender. Blend on high until pureed and a juice forms.
- Pass the juice through a fine mesh sieve or a nut milk bag to strain out the pulp. Discard the pulp (or use: see ideas above). Stir in the fresh lemon juice. Drink immediately or chill before drinking.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Carrot juice