Here’s what to serve with fajitas to make them a meal! These easy side dishes aren’t to much extra effort, from chopped salad to bean dip.
Making homemade fajitas? Here’s how to turn them into a meal! One of our top criteria for side dishes when it comes to fajitas: they should be easy. That way, you can concentrate most of your effort on making the main meal. They’ve got to jive with Tex Mex and Latin-style flavors, but also complement the meal with contrasting ingredients and textures. With that in mind, we scanned our archives for all the best options.
Here’s a list of what to serve with fajitas! There’s everything from crisp green salads and flavorful rice, to seriously simple chips and guacamole. Or try our family favorite 5 minute bean dip…it really does take only 5 minutes.
And now…what to serve with fajitas!
And some favorite fajitas recipes!
Of course, we couldn’t leave you without our favorite fajitas recipes. If you don’t have a go to yet, here are the recipes in our regular rotation:
- Classic Shrimp Fajitas The ideal 30 minute meal: full of irresistible flavor that everyone loves!
- Epic Vegetarian Fajitas Full of big flavor and beautiful colorful veggies: and it pleases veggie lovers and meat lovers alike.
- Classic Fajita Veggies The best combo to use with any protein! Mix up a big batch and serve sizzling in a skillet.
- Sheet Pan Vegan Fajitas Throw your veggies on a sheet pan and prepare to be amazed! Another fan favorite.
- Easy Fajita Sauce This flavor-packed fajita sauce recipe works for beans, chicken, steak or shrimp! It’s quick to put together with a handful of ingredients.
This Tex Mex chopped salad is the best easy side dish for fajitas! It’s topped with savory cilantro lime dressing and crunchy tortilla strips.
- 3 Romaine hearts (8 cups chopped)
- 2 cups baby greens, like baby kale (optional)
- ¼ cup sliced red onions (or Pickled Red Onions)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 radishes
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 handful roasted salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Dressing (pick one): Cilantro Lime Dressing, Creamy Cilantro Dressing or Taco Salad Dressing
- Add-ons: Crispy Tortilla Strips (or crushed tortilla chips), crumbled feta or cotija cheese, chopped avocado, black beans, or chopped cucumber
- If using, make the Crispy Tortilla Strips. Or use crushed tortilla chips.
- Make the dressing: Cilantro Lime Dressing, Creamy Cilantro Dressing (pictured), or Taco Salad Dressing (simplest).
- Chop the vegetables: Chop the romaine. Thinly slice the red onion (follow the instructions at 1:30 of this video). Slice tomatoes in half. Thinly slice the radishes. Defrost the corn. Prepare any other add-on veggies as appropriate. Add a sprinkle of salt on the tomatoes, radishes, and corn to lightly season them.
- Serve: Place the greens on the plate and top with the vegetables (and tortilla strips, if using). Top with the dressing and serve. If making in advance, refrigerate the components separately; bring the dressing to room temperature before serving.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: What to serve with fajitas
More sides to go with…
We love helping you find great recipes to pair with main dishes! Here are a few more side dish collections:
- Sides to Serve with Soup
- Sides to Serve with Mac and Cheese
- What to Serve with Stuffed Peppers
- Sides to Serve with Enchiladas
- Sides to Serve with Lasagna
- What to Serve with Scallops
- What to Serve with Crab Cakes
- Best Sides to Go with Salmon
- Sides to Go with Tacos
- Best Sides to Go with Pizza
- Sides to Go with Chili