This easy apple salad recipe is a delight, starring crisp fruit, greens, cheese crumbles, and a zingy maple vinaigrette.
For the salad
- 1 crisp tart apple (like Pink Lady)
- 8 cups mixed greens or tender lettuces (like butter or Bibb lettuce, frisee, etc)
- 1/4 cup candied pecans or toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup goat cheese or feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
- Optional: chopped fresh thyme, for garnish
For the maple vinaigrette dressing (use 6 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- If using, prepare the candied pecans in advance (or use purchased).
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk the maple syrup, vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper. Whisk in the olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time until a creamy dressing forms. (If desired, make in advance and refrigerate up to 2 weeks; bring to room temperature prior to serving).
- Thinly slice the apple.
- Place the greens on a large platter or individual plates. Top with apple slices, candied pecans, goat cheese or feta crumbles, and pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries. Top with about 6 tablespoons of the dressing (or more as desired) and serve immediately. (To make ahead, keep all components separate with fresh ingredients and dressing refrigerated. Toss the apples with lemon juice to prevent browning. Bring dressing to room temperature and add all ingredients together directly before serving.)
- Category: Side dish
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Thanksgiving salad, Thanksgiving salad recipes