This easy corn salad is fresh and full of tangy flavor, with bursts of bright tomato and basil! The classic summer salad for BBQs and picnics. You can also make it grilled! Go to Grilled Corn Salad.
- 6 cobs corn (about 5 cups kernels, or 3 15-ounce cans corn)
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles, for garnish (optional)
- Cook the corn: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. (This takes about 15 to 20 minutes, so plan accordingly.) Shuck the corn, removing the silk. When the water is boiling, place the corn cobs in the pot. Boil covered for 4 minutes, until bright yellow. Run under cool water until cool enough to touch. (Alternate method: Roast the corn in the oven or use canned corn.)
- Cut the corn: Find a bundt pan, or large rimmed baking sheet or pan. Place the corn into the hole in the bundt pan or hold the corn vertically inside the baking sheet, then use a chef’s knife to slice down and remove the corn from the cob (the sides of the pan catch the kernels that fly when cutting; more details here.)
- Chop the vegetables: Meanwhile, dice the cherry tomatoes. Finely chop the red onion. Chop the basil.
- Mix in the dressing: In a large bowl, mix together all vegetables with the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, fresh ground black pepper to taste, and optional feta crumbles. Stores refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Summer side dishes