This black bean tacos recipe takes just 15 minutes! It’s a fast and easy dinner idea that’s easy to customize and pleases everyone.
For the black beans*
- 2 15-ounce can black beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (or substitute more olive oil for vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 scant teaspoon kosher salt
For the tacos
- 1 can corn
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Feta cheese crumbles or shredded cheese
- Taco sauce (purchased or homemade) or salsa
- Cilantro leaves, torn
- Sliced red onions or Pickled Red Onions
- Avocado, chopped
- Sour cream, 5 Minute Cilantro Lime Sauce or Cilantro Sauce (vegan), optional**
- 8 small tortillas, flour or corn
- Make the black beans: Drain the beans, but don’t rinse them. Mince the garlic. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant but not yet browned. Add the beans (drained but not rinsed), cumin, kosher salt, and several grinds of black pepper. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until warmed through and the liquid cooks down and thickens. Taste and add additional salt if desired.
- Assemble the toppings: Review the toppings above and prep them as desired.
- Warm the tortillas: Warm and char the tortillas by placing them on an open gas flame on medium for a few seconds per side, flipping with tongs, until they are slightly blackened and warm. (See How to Warm Tortillas.)
- Serve: Place the black beans in the tortillas, then top with toppings and enjoy.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Vegetarian Tacos