What to serve with risotto? Lemon arugula salad! It comes together in minutes, and it’s the perfect fresh and tangy counterpoint to a meal.
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese shavings (about 1.5 ounces)*
- 1 small shallot
- 8 cups (5 ounces) baby arugula (do not use standard arugula, usually sold in bunches)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice + zest of 1/2 lemon
- If necessary, shave the Parmesan cheese with a vegetable peeler. Thinly slice shallot.
- In large bowl, place the baby arugula, olive oil, lemon zest (optional), lemon juice, and kosher salt. Use your hands to toss everything so it’s evenly coated. Add the Parmesan shavings and shallot and toss for a few seconds until combined. Taste and add additional salt if desired.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Salad
Keywords: What to Serve with Risotto, Arugula Salad