Here are all the best vegan quinoa recipes that feature this protein packed whole grain! Pick from tacos, salads, chili, and more.
Love quinoa and eating plant-based? Quinoa is a healthy whole grain that is great for adding plant-based protein to vegan recipes. But it can be hard to find vegan recipes using this pantry staple. So here’s a list of our top vegan quinoa recipes! These are all the best ways to use quinoa in plant-based recipes. There are obvious ideas like side dishes and salads, but there are so many more unique ways to use it. Make it into taco “meat” as a filling for tacos, use it as the basis for colorful bowl meals, or add it to chili for a thick and meaty texture. We’re getting hungry, so…
And now…the top vegan quinoa recipes to try!
Here’s how to make a grain bowl! Pair a whole grain, protein and veggies with this amazing tahini sauce to make a healthy, fast and easy dinner.
For the grain
For the grain bowl
- Make the grain: Go to Seasoned Quinoa to make the quinoa, or follow the other whole grain recipes listed above. The quinoa takes about 25 minutes total, so use the cook time to prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Make the chickpeas: Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Mince the garlic. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant but before it browns. Add the chickpeas, smoked paprika, salt, and several grinds of black pepper. Cook 2 minutes until warmed through.
- Make the sauce: Make the Tahini Sauce. (Or, try Lemon Dill Sauce or Creamy Cilantro Sauce.)
- Prep the veggies: Slice the tomatoes in half. Slice the cucumber. Slice the red onion.
- Assemble the bowls: Place the quinoa and chickpeas in the bowl. Add the fresh veggies and drizzle with the sauce.
*This makes a solid 4 to 6 servings of protein. If you’re cooking for 1 or 2, make half this recipe (or go to Easy Canned Chickpeas.)
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Quinoa Recipes, Vegan Quinoa Bowl
More plant based recipes!
There are so many tasty ways to eat plant-based outside of these vegan quinoa recipes! Here are some of our favorites:
- 25 Best Vegan Recipes These easy recipes for beginners make eating a whole food plant-based diet fun, healthy, and most importantly: delicious!
- 15 Vegan Salads All the best salads to power your day!
- 10 Vegan Appetizers Great for entertaining and parties…or even a late night snack.
- 10 Vegan Smoothies These plant based purees are ideal for breakfast and snacks.
- 12 Vegan Pasta Recipes You’ll be amazed at the amount of flavor you can achieve using only plant based ingredients.
- 15 Vegan Comfort Foods The best comfort food recipes, from pizza to fries to nachos.
- 10 Vegan Potato Recipes Who doesn’t love potatoes? Wedges, fries, salad, soup—and more!
- 13 Vegan Italian Recipes Pizza, pasta, pesto: they can all be plant based!
Last updated: September 2020
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.