This veggie power bowl makes an irresistibly healthy dinner or lunch! Serve roasted and fresh veggies with a whole grain and creamy sauce.
- 1 recipe Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 1 cup quinoa (or make 1 recipe Lemon Couscous or Coconut Rice)
- 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 radishes
- 1/2 kohlrabi, cut into sticks
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 8 cups salad greens
- 1 recipe Tahini Sauce or Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Start the Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower.
- Make the quinoa: Rinse the quinoa in cold water using a fine mesh strainer, then drain and shake out the remaining water. Place it in a saucepan with 1 3/4 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer where the water is just bubbling for about 15 to 18 minutes, until the water has been completely absorbed. (Check by pulling back the quinoa with a fork to see if water remains.) Turn off the heat and let sit with the lid on to steam for 5 minutes, then fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prep the veggies: Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and mix them with the olive oil and kosher salt. Slice the radishes, peel and slice the kohlrabi, and shred the carrot.
- Make the dressing: stir together the Tahini Sauce or Sesame Ginger Dressing.
- To serve, place the greens in a shallow bowl, then top with the quinoa, roasted veggies, fresh veggies, and a drizzle of the sauce.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Bowl meal
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan bowls