Here are the tricks to how to cook pan seared scallops and get that perfect brown crust! Follow these simple tips for a simple romantic dinner.
- Thaw the scallops, if frozen (see above).
- Brine the scallops: In a shallow dish, mix together 4 cups room temperature water and 2 tablespoons kosher salt. Place the scallops in the water and wait for 10 minutes.
- Remove the scallops and dry thoroughly. Lightly season with a several pinches kosher salt.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. If using a medium skillet, cook the scallops in two batches. Once the oil is hot, add the scallops and cook without turning for 2 to 3 minutes, until an even brown crust clearly forms on bottom.
- Flip scallops with tongs. Cook additional 2 to 3 minutes on the other side, until a crust just forms on bottom and the center of the scallop is almost opaque.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet to a plate and reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter, lemon juice, minced garlic and chopped herbs. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula to release flavor from any browned bits stuck to the pan. Cook 1 minute until fragrant.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the scallops and cover them with sauce. Then remove from the heat and serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Romantic
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Romantic dinner ideas, romantic dinner, romantic dinner recipes