These loaded sweet potato rounds are the most delicious, crowd pleasing healthy appetizer out there! The roasted sweet potato base is topped with sour cream, cheese, and green onion.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Hot sauce
- Monterrey Jack and cheddar shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
- 3 green onions
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into ¼-inch slices. Place the slices in a large bowl, sprinkle with 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and stir to thoroughly coat both sides of all slices. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, taking care that the rounds do not overlap (if possible). Bake 10 minutes on one side, then remove from the oven, flip all rounds, and bake another 10 minutes until soft.
- While the potatoes bake, thinly slice the green onions.
- When the potatoes are done, remove them from oven and add a dot of hot sauce on each round (or more if desired). Top each round with shredded cheese and wait a few minutes for the cheese to melt (the potatoes will be hot enough at this point to melt the cheese).
- To serve, place the rounds on a platter. Add a dollop of sour cream on each round, and garnish with sliced green onions. (Tip: To make the sour cream easier to dollop, mix it in a bowl with a few drops of water to loosen it).
Note: This recipe makes enough for about 1 baking sheet of rounds; we had a few rounds left over that spilled onto a second sheet.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Healthy Appetizers, Healthy Appetizer Recipes