This Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie recipe is a creamy and delicious way to get your whole grains! Blend it up with peanut butter, banana and cinnamon. See above for 4 more breakfast smoothie ideas!
- ¾ cup Old Fashioned rolled oats (or up to 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk (or omit yogurt and use ¾ cup oat milk for vegan)
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas (room temperature)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 ice cubes
- Maple syrup, to taste (optional)
- Add the ingredients to a blender, breaking the banana into pieces. Blend until creamy and frothy, stopping and scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Taste: depending on the ripeness of the bananas, you may want to add a drizzle of maple syrup. Eat immediately or store 1 day in a sealed jar; if it separates, shake to re-integrate it.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Breakfast smoothies, breakfast smoothie, breakfast smoothie recipes, breakfast smoothie recipe, healthy breakfast smoothies