Try these hearty vegan sandwiches, full of satisfying flavor and healthy ingredients! The best sandwiches don’t need meat or cheese.
Looking for plant based sandwich recipes? Turns out, sandwiches don’t need meat or cheese to be hearty and satisfying. There are lots of ingredients and techniques to make incredibly delicious sandwiches…no meat required.
Here are all the best vegan sandwiches to try, full of irresistible flavor and healthy ingredients! There’s our fan favorite chickpea salad, like a vegan spin on chicken salad using chickpeas that takes just a few minutes to put together. Try vegan BBQ starring a special ingredient, or the most iconic vegan sandwich of all…the falafel sandwich.
And now…8 great vegan sandwiches to try!
More resources for vegan eating
Eating a mostly vegan or plant-based diet is now easier than ever! There are lots of recipes and resources for making vegetables taste incredible. Here are some great places to start:
- 25 Best Vegan Recipes The top vegan recipes…for any meal of the day!
- How to Go Vegan: Guide & Recipes Here are lots of resources for adding vegan recipes to your life.
- Plant Based Diet Guide & Recipes Another guide…complete with recipes!
- 28 Day Vegan Meal Plan Recipes for every week in a month.
- Vegan Breakfast Ideas Great ways to start the day…the plant based way.
- 20+ Vegan Snacks Get your snack on with these easy vegan ideas.
- Vegan Desserts Everyone Will Love These tasty sweet treats will become family favorites.
Want more sandwiches? Try these 15 Sandwich Recipes That Aren’t Boring.Print
Looking for vegan sandwiches? This delicious chickpea salad sandwich features a vegan chicken salad using chickpeas!
- 15 ounce can chickpeas or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas*
- 1 rib celery
- 3 green onions
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise or cashew cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 4 slices bread (try our Homemade Bread)
- Lettuce, spring green mix, or sprouts
- Hummus, optional
- Thinly slice the celery (if it’s a large rib, cut in half lengthwise first). Thinly slice the green onions.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. In a medium bowl, smash the chickpeas with a fork.
- Combine the chickpeas with the chopped celery and green onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and celery seed. Add about ¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher salt, depending on your chickpea brand and taste preferences, and fresh ground pepper to taste. Taste and salt until the flavor pops! If the salad is dry, add more mayonnaise (cooked chickpeas have a drier texture than canned).
- Assemble the chickpea salad sandwich: If desired, spread the bread with hummus (this amps it up a bit but not required). Top the sandwich with lettuce or greens and chickpea spread.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan sandwiches