These vegan pancakes are everything you need for a plant based start to the morning! They’re fluffy, lightly sweet, and perfectly tangy if you add a handful of blueberries.
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus additional for serving
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (vegetable or grapeseed)
- 1 pinch turmeric (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (optional)
- Optional: Quick Blueberry Sauce, for serving
- Start the flax egg (it needs to sit for 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and kosher salt.
- In a separate bowl, pour in the almond milk, maple syrup, and oil. When the egg is done, add the egg.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. If you’d like, add a tiny pinch of turmeric (our batter was very light, and a little turmeric mimics the color an egg yolk adds).
- Lightly press a skillet with additional grapeseed or vegetable oil. Heat the skillet to medium heat. Pour the batter into small circles, and place blueberries on top. Cook the pancakes until the bubbles pop on the top and the bottoms are golden. Then flip them and cook until done. Serve immediately with maple syrup.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan Breakfast Recipes, Vegan Pancakes, Vegan Pancake Recipe