You’ll never believe these vegan apple muffins are totally plant based! They’re moist and fluffy with a streusel topping that adds a sweet crunch.
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, divided
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce
- 1 cup diced apple (1 medium apple)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, half melted and half room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 12 muffin cups to a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, mix the 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup rolled oats, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon with the ginger, allspice, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- In another bowl, combine the maple syrup, applesauce, melted coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until a smooth batter forms. Mix in the diced apple.
- In another medium bowl, add the remaining 1/4 cup rolled oats, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon along with the turbinado sugar and salted butter (cut into small pieces). Cut the room temperature coconut oil into the remaining ingredients using a pastry cutter or fork until it’s evenly combined and a crumbly streusel topping forms.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups. Then top with a thin layer of streusel.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (if your oven is uneven, reverse the pan halfway through). Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins and place them on a cooling rack to fully cool.
*We highly recommend using turbinado sugar for its signature crunch! However, we’ve substituted brown sugar, and they still tastes delicious!
- Category: Muffin
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan Baked Goods, Vegan Baking Recipes