These roasted potatoes with thyme comes out crispy and seasoned to perfection! Red potatoes and fresh thyme make a classic pairing.
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes (or chopped medium red potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or lemon thyme
- Optional: 1 clove fresh garlic, lemon wedges, shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the potatoes, then slice them in half (for baby potatoes) or dice them into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, stir together potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, kosher salt, and several grinds of fresh ground black pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the potatoes in an even layer on the sheet cut and make sure they are side down. Roast for about 30 to 35 minutes without stirring until browned, depending on the size of the pieces. (To step up these potatoes, remove from the oven at 15 minutes and toss with 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.)
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and toss with the fresh thyme. For a more forward garlic flavor, grate the fresh garlic onto the pan with another drizzle of olive oil and use a spoon to gently toss it all together (separating any grated garlic that clumps together). You can also spritz with lemon wedges for a tangy flavor.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Thyme recipes