Looking for 5 minute recipes? Seared tuna is a super quick, nutritious and filling 5 minute recipe; serve with leftover veggies and rice.
- 6 ounces high quality ahi tuna (sashimi grade recommended; wild caught if you can find it. Frozen is okay, just thaw it in the refrigerator before serving)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- For serving: we used leftover Crispy Breaded Cauliflower, Pickled Onions, Sauteed Spinach (use sesame oil), Rice, and Yum Yum Sauce (or Spicy Mayo)
- Pat the tuna dry. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the steak and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until lightly browned on the outside but still rare the inside. Slice the tuna against the grain into 1/2 inch slices. Serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian Inspired
Keywords: Seared tuna, How to sear tuna, Seared ahi tuna, Seared ahi tuna sauce