Here’s a basic quinoa recipe that’s seasoned so it tastes irresistible! This recipe will convince even quinoa haters take another bite.
- 1 cup dry quinoa (or 3 cups cooked and skip Step 1 and 2)*
- 1 tablespoon butter (olive oil or coconut oil for vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, like chives, basil, dill, oregano, thyme, cilantro, or Italian parsley, 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Rinse the quinoa using a fine mesh strainer, then drain completely. Place quinoa in a saucepan with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer where the water is just bubbling for about 15 to 17 minutes, until the water has been completely absorbed. Check by pulling back the quinoa with a fork to see if water remains.
- Turn off the heat and let sit with the lid on to steam for 5 minutes, then fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Stir in the butter, dried oregano, garlic powder, and kosher salt. If using fresh herbs, stir in the herbs (and feta cheese, if using). Taste and add additional salt if necessary.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Quinoa recipes, Quinoa, Easy quinoa recipes