These roasted garlic Parmesan Brussel sprouts are easy and full of big flavor! Mix them up as a side dish everyone will love.
When it comes to side dishes, there’s nothing our family loves more than this: roasted garlic Parmesan Brussels sprouts! Yes, Brussels sprouts are a key to rounding out our plates over here. This version is ultra simple but totally satisfying, pairing savory Parmesan cheese with crispy roasted Brussels and a hint of garlic. It takes just a few minutes to prep and everyone will be singing your praises! Let’s get to it.
Ingredients for Parmesan Brussel sprouts
There’s just a handful of ingredients needed for big flavor here. Here’s what you’ll need for these easy Parmesan Brussels sprouts:
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts: Many recipes call for 1 pound, but we found that disappears too quickly. 1 ½ pounds is just the right size to fit on the tray and feed 4.
- Grated Parmesan cheese: You’ll need the type that’s powdery and fluffy, not the kind that looks like little slivers (that’s shredded Parm). This allows maximum flavor coverage, whereas shredded makes more melty bits.
- Garlic powder: Add just a hint of garlic powder for a delicious savory flavor (fresh garlic can burn at such high temps).
- Olive oil, salt and pepper: These essentials bring it all together.
How to make garlic Parmesan Brussels sprouts: a few tips
This recipe is very simple, but you’ll need to know a few things about roasting to get the perfect roasted garlic Parmesan Brussels sprouts. Here’s what to know:
- Bake at high heat: 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This gets the best browning and caramelization.
- Roast only one pan at once. To get the best crispy sprouts, it’s nice to have just the tray of Brussels sprouts in the oven. Adding more pans can make them soggy and they take longer to roast.
- Use parchment paper, not a silicone mat. To get the best crispy sprouts, we recommend using a parchment paper lined baking sheet. (The paper helps with cleanup!) Avoid silicone baking mats, as they can also make veggies more moist than crisp.
Step it up: Pecorino Romano & more
One way to make even tastier Parmesan Brussels sprouts? Make Pecorino Brussels sprouts! Pecorino Romano is another aged cheese similar to Parmesan, but it has an even saltier, more savory flavor. This variation has even bigger flavor! You may want to use slightly less grated Pecorino because it’s much saltier than Parmesan: think about starting with 3 tablespoons (you can taste and add more as desired).
Ways to make it a meal
The great thing about Parmesan Brussels sprouts? You can use them as a side dish with main dishes from different cuisines. They also work as an appetizer or first course to a fancy meal: try adding a tasty dipping sauce like Sour Cream Chive Sauce! Here are a few ideas for how to pair them:
- Salmon: Like Pecan Crusted Salmon (bake after the sprouts), Miso Salmon, Blackened Salmon, or Cajun Salmon
- Shrimp: Like Old Bay Steamed Shrimp, Cajun Shrimp Pasta, Easy Cajun Shrimp, Easy Pesto Shrimp, or Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Vegetarian Mains: Try Vegetarian Dinner Recipes like Cheese Tortellini in Creamy Marinara, Easy BBQ Tofu, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Vegetarian Meatballs and more
More Brussels sprouts recipes
Love sprouts? Here are some of the top most delicious Brussels sprouts recipes to add to your table:
- Try classic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Opt for over-the-top fancy Smashed Brussels Sprouts
- Go for Crispy Brussels Sprouts, Fried Brussels Sprouts or Spicy Brussels Sprouts
- Try easy Boiled Brussels Sprouts or Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
- Add a cheese sauce for Brussel Sprout Casserole
This Parmesan Brussels sprouts recipe is…
Vegetarian and gluten-free.Print
These roasted garlic Parmesan Brussel sprouts are easy to make and full of big flavor! Mix them up as a side dish everyone will love.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts (off the stalk)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. (To get them as crispy as possible, make sure this is the only pan in the oven and you’re not roasting anything else at the same time.)
- Slice off any hard ends of the Brussels sprouts, as needed. Slice them in half lengthwise and place them in a large bowl.
- Mix the sprouts with the olive oil, garlic powder, kosher salt, and lots of fresh ground black pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (not a silicone mat), then pour the spouts onto the sheet. Turn them all cut side down.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until very browned and tender, stirring once. Toss with the Parmesan cheese in the last minute and return the pan to the oven until slightly melted. Enjoy immediately.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Parmesan Brussel Sprouts