Grilled apples make the best grilled dessert! Grill them with sugar and spices until tender, then serve them with “a la mode” with melty vanilla ice cream.
- 2 firm tart-sweet apples (like Honey Crisp, Jonathon, Granny Smith, Gala, Fuji, etc)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- For serving: Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (or vegan whipped cream)
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees).
- Cut the apples into 1/4” slices (no need to peel unless you want to). Place the apples on a large piece of aluminum foil. Top with the butter, cut into thin pats, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Toss them with your fingers to combine. Seal the packet by placing another piece of foil on top and poke holes in it with a fork (to allow moisture to escape).
- Grill over indirect heat for 20 to 25 minutes until the apples are fork tender. Top with ice cream and serve (either right on the foil, or place in bowls or on plates).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled Desserts, Grilled Apples