These fun homemade cream cheese flavors taste irresistibly fresh! Make these recipes for lunches or a fancy brunch.
Hosting a bagel brunch, or need some ideas on how to step up lunches or snacks? Try these homemade cream cheese flavors! Sure, you can buy tubs at the store. But there’s something irresistibly fresh and craft about making custom deli-style cream cheese flavors at home. Make up a few different flavors for a killer bagel brunch spread, or use it as a veggie dip as an appetizer or snack. There are so many ways to use each one…and we can’t seem to pick a favorite.
And now…our top homemade cream cheese flavors!
Ways to serve these flavors
There are so many ways to use flavored cream cheese outside of the bagel schmear! Of course, making up a few flavors for a bagel brunch is the perfect way to use them. But here are a few ideas outside of the bagel:
- Spread on toast
- Use for sandwiches
- Dip for pretzels, crackers or chips
- Veggie dip (for savory flavors)
- Fruit dip (for sweet flavors)
- Graham cracker dip (for sweet flavors)
More cream cheese recipes
Love this rich and luxurious cheese? Us too. Here are a few more recipes using cream cheese:
- Try Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins or Strawberry Muffins
- Go for classic Taco Dip
- Mix up a Smoked Salmon Sandwich or Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Appetizer
- Opt for Easy Pinwheels
- 1 medium carrot or 1/2 large carrot
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional add in: 1 handful fresh herbs (chives, dill, basil, or other)*
- Peel and cut the carrot into 1-inch chunks. Roughly chop the dark and light green parts of the green onion into chunks. Cut the ¼ red pepper into chunks.
- Place the veggies (and fresh herb add-ins, if using) in a food processor and pulse until chopped. Add the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, dried dill, garlic powder, and salt. Taste and add another pinch of salt (we like to add ⅛ teaspoon more). Dip with veggies or spread on bagels. Refrigerate 1 week, or freeze in dollops on a baking sheet, then transfer the dollops to a sealed container (you can place them right into lunch boxes and they defrost over a few hours).
*Fresh tender herbs are delicious here, like basil, chives, dill, cilantro, parsley, chopped thyme or oregano. See also Herb Cream Cheese.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Spread
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Cream cheese flavors