These tasty and easy green salad recipes are so versatile! They pair with just about any main dish, from pasta to pizza to salmon to chili.
It’s deceptively difficult to find good side salad recipes. Right? Alex and I often want to accessorize our meal with a side salad. But what green salad recipes are the right fit? Browsing for recipes online can take too long; it feels like you’re in a bargain store trying to comb through sweaters to find the just right thing to wear.
So, we’ve decided to take the guess work out for you! We’ve put together a list of our top green salad recipes that make the perfect side salad for just about anything. While the vibe of some of these is stronger than others, most of them will work no matter whether you’re pairing salmon or pizza.
Ready to get to the recipes? (And you’re welcome.)
And now…our best green salad recipes!
Want a few more salad dressings? Try our How to Make Healthy Salad Dressing. And, here are a few more of our best salad recipes we’d recommend:
- Wedge Salad with Potato Chips
- How to Make Healthy Salad Dressing
- Grilled Caesar Salad
- 10 Summer Salads You Need Now
- 25 Best Salad Recipes
- Every Night Salad with Yogurt Ranch
- Top 10 Salad Dressings to Make at Home
This chopped green salad will amaze everyone around the table! Homemade Italian dressing, crunchy veggies and Parmesan cheese combine into one extraordinary side salad.
- 1 recipe Homemade Italian Dressing
- 1 Romaine heart (3 cups)
- 5 cups leafy lettuce
- 1 large shallot
- 1 English cucumber (2 cups chopped)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ripe green olives, halved
- 1/2 cup jarred sliced pepperoncini
- 1/4 cup Parmesan shavings or shreds, plus more to serve
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Make the Homemade Italian Dressing.
- Chop romaine and lettuce. Thinly slice the shallot. Peel and chop cucumber. Slice tomatoes and olives in half.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the salad, including the dressing, and toss to combine. If making in advance, refrigerate the components separately; bring the dressing to room temperature before serving.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Green Salad Recipes
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.