These banana bread muffins are lightly sweet and made mostly of oats and bananas! They’re made in a blender and easy to make at home.
- 3 large very ripe bananas (1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (sunflower, vegetable or grapeseed)**
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all ingredients in a blender, breaking the bananas into pieces as you add them. Blend everything on high for a minute or two until a smooth batter forms.
- Place 9 muffin cups into a muffin tin and pour the batter divided evenly between the cups; the amount of muffins will depend on the size of the bananas and type of oats*. Sprinkle the tops with extra oats and gently press them down.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes* until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the muffin tin and allow them to cool a few minutes before serving. Store refrigerated or frozen.
*Note: The amount of muffins can depend on the size of the bananas and the type of oats. If you get more than 9, bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Category: Baked
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Banana Recipes