This banana muffins recipe is perfect: moist, sweet, and irresistibly banana scented! Everyone will love this classic muffin.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 large or 4 medium)
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Turbinado sugar, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 12 muffin cups to a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the all-purpose flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- In another medium bowl, mash the banana. Whisk in the egg, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients using a spatula, and stir until a smooth batter forms. Avoid the urge to overmix. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes, until puffed and golden on top. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a rack to cool fully, about 1 hour. Store up to 4 days in a sealed container at room temperature, refrigerated up to 1 week or more (allow to come to room temperature before serving), or frozen up to 3 months.
- Category: Baked
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Banana Recipes, Ripe Banana Recipes