This three bean salad is the most delicious, seriously simple salad to hit your plate. It’s a knock-out vegetarian and gluten-free side dish for summer barbecues, starring three beans, a zesty dressing, and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
For the salad
- 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- 15-ounce can cannellini beans
- 15-ounce can red kidney beans
- 4 scallions
- 1 large or 2 small stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus additional for garnish
- 3/4 cup feta cheese crumbles, plus additional for garnish
- Black pepper
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-natural ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Thinly slice the celery and scallions. Finely chop the chives.
- Whisk together the cider vinegar, lemon juice, ketchup, tomato paste, and salt. Then gradually whisk in the olive oil about 1 tablespoon at a time, until emulsified and creamy.
- In a large serving dish, mix together the beans, celery, scallions, chives, dressing, feta crumbles, and fresh ground black pepper. If desired, top with additional feta crumbles and chopped chives as a garnish. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. It tastes even better 1 to 2 days later, so it’s great for making in advance!