This luxuriously creamy pecan butter is so easy to make! Blend pecans with vanilla and cinnamon for an easy and delicious nut butter.
- 2 cups raw pecans (salted or unsalted)*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted nuts)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the nuts out onto a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 5 to 6 minutes, until fragrant and toasted. Allow to cool for a minute or two on the tray.
- Immediately add the nuts to food processor while they’re warm and process for about 3 to 4 minutes (the exact timing depends on the age of the nuts and your food processor). You’ll see them start out crumbly, then get gradually creamier and creamier.
- Add vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Scrape down the bowl and process again for about 1 minute. Taste and add additional salt as necessary.
- Transfer the pecan butter to a jar. Store refrigerated for 1 to 2 months.
*Doubles easily, so feel free to do 4 cups to make a large-sized pecan butter jar.
- Category: Essentials
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pecan Recipes