Our Best Party Appetizers
Looking for party appetizers? Party appetizer recipes should be crowd pleasing and simple to make ahead and transport. Here are some of our best easy party appetizers that are delicious and pretty simple to make, from elegant Christmas party appetizers to game day recipes to kid friendly appetizers.
Pretty simple party appetizers
So, you’ve got a handful of healthy dinner recipes for weeknights and a few favorite sweet treats. But what about party appetizers? Party food is a whole different animal. Our favorite party appetizers are recipes that:
- are pretty simple to make
- taste delicious
- have a healthy spin
- are crowdpleasing recipes for kids and adults of different tastes and diets
Some party appetizer favorites
When you think about it, it’s actually tricky to fit into all four of the criteria above, right? After testing out recipes on our friends and family for years, here are a few of our favorite party appetizer recipes that are unanimous hits:
Baked Goat Cheese Appetizer with Tomatoes: people go crazy over this stuff! We’ve seen them lick the bowl.
Dark Chocolate Hummus:so many followers have made and loved this one! Serve with fruit or pretzels.
Roasted Tomato Almond Dip: our friends beg us to make this party appetizer for various functions. You’re bringing the tomato dip, right?
- Very Verde Cilantro Dip: even self-avowed cilantro & pea haters love this one!
Healthy Loaded Sweet Potato Rounds: the perfect party appetizer for watching sports, it uses sweet potato instead of bread or chips!
Here are our easy party appetizer ideas, from a small gathering to a large party!
The best party appetizers
It’s one thing to have a short list of fast and easy dinner recipes for weeknights. But what about party appetizers? When we first started cooking, we thought that a few 30 minute dinner recipes would be enough to live on. But if you like to party, you’ll find you need a handful of easy party appetizers to add to your repertoire. Because storebought chips and salsa can only go so far! Here are a few of our best party appetizers for various occasions.
Game day recipes
One of our favorite types of parties is a game day party, be it watching football in the fall or even a Superbowl party. A few of our best appetizer recipes for this type of gathering are:
- Skillet White Chili Cheese Dip: it’s cheesy and delicious, the perfect party dip
- Vegan Nacho Cheese is just as flavorful: without the dairy!
- Pesto Grilled Cheese Dippers with Marinara are a tasty game day treat
Christmas party appetizers
Chistmas party appetizers are wintery and elegant! Here are a few party appetizer ideas for the holidays:
- Baked Brie with Roasted Cranberry Sauce has the perfect vibe as a Christmas party appetizer: it’s tangy and gooey
- Yogurt Dip with Olive Oil & Pomegranate looks beautifully festive with confetti of pomegranate
- Dark Chocolate Hummus is always a crowd pleaser: serve with fruit or pretzels!
Kid friendly party appetizer ideas
Some of our best party appetizers are party appetizer ideas that please everyone, including kids! Here are a few of our favorite kid friendly party appetizer ideas that we’ve tested on our toddler Larson!
- Hummus and Veggie Roll Ups are so simple to whip up and a crowd pleaser with adults, too!
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip is always a hit with kids: who doesn’t love to dip?
- Pumpkin Yogurt Fruit Dip is another great dip: it takes only 5 minutes to make and is perfect for dipping apples and strawberries.