This shocking pink beet hummus is a colorful healthy snack recipe! Serve it with veggie sticks and pita bread for dipping.
- 1 cooked beet*
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Cilantro, to garnish (we also garnished with finely chopped cashews)
- Cook the beet (it’s easiest to use a leftover cooked beet!): Go to Oven Roasted Beet, Instant Pot Beets, or How to Boil Beets.
- Peel the garlic. Drain the chickpeas into a liquid measuring cup. Juice the lemon.
- Add the garlic to the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add beet (cut into quarters), chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, kosher salt, and 3 tablespoons aquafaba (water from the chickpea can). Puree for 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl. Taste. If necessary, add 1 to 2 tablespoons aquafaba. Puree for 1 to 2 minutes to come to a creamy consistency. Store refrigerated for 7 to 10 days.
- Top the hummus with cilantro leaves. Serve with veggies, pita bread, or crackers (like these homemade crackers!) Stores 1 week refrigerated.
**Recipe timing is for beet hummus only (doesn’t include beet cook time).
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Lebanese
Keywords: Beet Hummus, Beet Dip, Pink Hummus, Beet Recipe