The Maple Old Fashioned is a twist on the classic using maple syrup instead of sugar! It adds a nuance that makes it taste even smoother.
- 2 ounces (¼ cup) bourbon whiskey
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- Orange peel for garnish
- Cocktail cherry for garnish (optional)
- Ice, for serving (try clear ice!)
- In a lowball glass, stir the bourbon, maple syrup, and bitters. Add a large ice cube.
- Use a knife to remove a 1″ wide strip of the orange peel. Squeeze the orange peel into the drink to release the oils. Gently run the peel around the edge of the glass, then place it in the glass.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cockails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Fall bourbon cocktails