This post may include affiliate links; for details, see our disclosure policy.
Here’s how to host a waffle party: perfect idea for hosting a breakfast or a brunch! Each guest gets a waffle to order and adds their favorite toppings.
This post is one in a series we’re planning to publish on integrating healthy cooking into your lifestyle. Here’s our main thesis: healthy eating should be fun, and easy to incorporate in everyday life. One of the most effective ways we’ve found is cooking with friends as entertainment. Instead of eating fast or frozen food to save time, make brunch as your activity together! Savor the time cooking wholesome food while chatting and enjoying each other’s company.
We were in Denver last weekend to visit the fabulous women behind Oh Ladycakes (Ashlae) and Edible Perspective (Ashley), and who hosted the brunch party that we’re sharing with you today. The waffle recipes were all made with whole grains like buckwheat and oat flour, with plant-based and gluten-free options. Toppings included almond butter and healthy chia jam, both made with natural sweeteners like honey and maple syrup. The whole grains and the protein in the nut butter made it an incredibly filling meal. We took our time and relished the slow, sunny morning together. It was…perfect.
A few tips for your own waffle party!
- Make toppings like homemade almond butter and chia jam in advance, so you can focus on cooking waffles and chatting with guests the day of.
- Make sure to use real maple syrup for toppings – there is no substitute!
- If you’re into savory or lower sugar consumption, try the savory waffle recipe below.
- This menu is great for guests with special diets, with options for vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.
Waffle Party menu ideas
Ready to host your own waffle party! Here are some recipe ideas:
- Perfect Waffle Recipe
- Blueberry Waffles
- Fluffy Gluten-Free Waffles
- Cornbread Waffles
- Chai Waffles
- Savory Waffles with Chives
- Carrot Cake Waffles
- Buckwheat Waffles
Waffle topping ideas
- Almond Butter
- Cashew Butter
- Peanut Butter
- Nut Butter
- Blueberry Sauce
- Strawberry Sauce
- Raspberry Compote
- Strawberry Jam
- Whipped Cream
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Glazed Walnuts
- Glazed Pecans
- Fresh berries or sliced bananas
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla Almond Milk
Ashley McLaughlin (Edible Perspective), Sonja, Ashlae Warner (Oh Ladycakes), and Alex behind the camera :)