WOW! This vegan fettuccine alfredo tastes decadent, but the creamy sauce is filled with healthy plant based ingredients. An easy dinner in under 30 minutes!
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles (use gluten-free, legume, or zucchini noodles if desired)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small head cauliflower (1 1/2 to 2 pounds), enough for 6 cups florets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 + 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Finely chopped parsley, to serve
- Mince the garlic. Chop the cauliflower.
- Make the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta until it is al dente (start tasting a few minutes before the package recommends: you want it to be tender but still a little firm on the inside). Then drain the pasta and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, start the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven, pot, or saucepan (that has a cover) over medium heat. Add the cauliflower and cashews and saute for 4 minutes until lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the vegetable broth, onion powder, black pepper, nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook 6 to 7 minutes on medium high heat until the cauliflower is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Blend the sauce: Carefully transfer the contents to a blender and add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon more black pepper. Blend on high until a smooth sauce forms.
- Serve: Pour about 5 cups into 1 pound pasta (1 cup will be left over), or use it to taste. Top with finely chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Pasta
Keywords: Vegan Pasta Recipes, Vegan Pasta Alfredo