Here are the top healthy drinks that deliciously easy alternatives to soda! Try infused waters, juices, teas, and more.
For cucumber water
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 8 cups (64 ounces) cold water
- Lemon slices, for serving (if desired)
- Fresh mint (optional)
For strawberry water
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar, to taste (or honey, maple syrup or agave nectar)
- 7 cups (64 ounces) cold water, divided
- Sparkling water, to serve (optional)
- For the cucumber water: Wash and thinly slice the cucumber. Add the cucumber slices to bottom of a pitcher. Use a wooden spoon to lightly muddle (mash) them several times to release the juices. Add the cold water. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving (you can add fresh mint sprigs if desired). Flavor is best within 1 day, but you can store up to 3 days refrigerated. Serve with lemon slices if desired. Or, add a splash of sparkling water.
- For the strawberry water: Place the strawberries in a blender with strawberries with 1 cup water, the lime juice and sugar and blend on high until fully combined. Add the remaining 6 cups cold water. Taste and adjust sugar or lime juice as needed (the flavor mellows over time). Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 3 days. If desired, serve topped off with sparkling water.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Water
- Cuisine: Drink
Keywords: Healthy drink