Make tea in 5 minutes with fresh herbs and boiling water! Here are all the best herbal tea recipes to try with fresh herbs.
Did you know you can make tea with fresh herbs and boiling water? It takes just 5 minutes to make a cup of restorative herbal tea! This is perfect for the summer when fresh herbs are plentiful: but they work in any season. You’ll be amazed at the flavor of this simple trick!
Here are all the best herbal tea recipes using fresh herbs! We’ve tried them all and weeded out herbs that don’t taste so great (ah em, parsley). They’re super simple to make: after you make them once, you hardly need the recipe. Memorize it and make herbal tea on repeat!
And now…the best herbal tea recipes!
Herbal tea benefits
There are lots of purported benefits to herbal tea. While we can’t promise these herbal tea recipes will cure all your ailments, drinking a cup is positively restorative! Here are some sources that provide benefits of drinking tea made with each herb:
- Sage tea: Sage may have anti-cancer properties and improvement of memory, brain and skin health. (Source: Benefits of Sage Tea)
- Rosemary tea: Rosemary may improve mood, lower blood sugar, and aid digestion. (Source: Benefits of Rosemary Tea)
- Mint tea: Mint may soothe upset stomachs and headaches, boost energy, and more. (Source: Health Benefits of Mint)
- Oregano tea: Oregano may fight bacteria, have anti-cancer properties, and decrease inflammation. (Source: Benefits of Oregano)
- Thyme tea: Thyme may soothe a sore throat, help with digestion, and more.(Source: Benefits of Thyme)
Mint tea is a restorative herbal tea made with just boiling water and fresh mint! Make it with peppermint or spearmint for a refreshing drink.
- 8 fresh mint leaves, left on stem
- Boiling water
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Wash the mint thoroughly.
- Place the mint in a mug, and pour over the boiling water. Allow the thyme to steep for 5 minutes. Remove the mint and enjoy. (Alternate method: If you prefer, you can also chop the mint leaves and place them in a tea strainer before steeping.)
- Category: Drink
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: Tea
Keywords: Herbal Tea Recipes, Mint Tea
More tea recipes
Outside of these herbal tea recipes, here are a few more tasty tea recipes you might enjoy:
- Iced Tea Recipe This easy method takes only a few minutes of hands on time and makes the best flavor.
- Classic Sweet Tea Amazing flavor! Easy to make and sweetened just enough.
- Cold Brew Tea The easiest iced tea! Only 1 minute of hands on time and has a beautifully smooth flavor.
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.