Grilled Barbeque Onion and Smoked Gouda Quesadillas
by: a Couple Cooks
What You Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- Around 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
- 6 to 8 ounces smoked Gouda cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas
What To Do
- Preheat a grill to medium low heat.
- Thinly slice the onions. Chop the cilantro. Coarsely grate the Gouda cheese.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add sliced onions and saute for about 5 minutes, until almost soft. Add ½ cup barbecue sauce and 2 tablespoons water; stir until onions are evenly coated, around 2 minutes. Turn off heat, and add hot sauce to taste.
- Place tortillas on a work surface. Spread onions, cheese, and cilantro on half of each tortilla, and then fold in half (the folding method makes it easier to grill!).
- Place the quesadillas on the grill, and cook until toasted and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side. Cut quesadillas into thirds, and serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.
Inspired by Bon Appetit