This delectable red potato salad is a take on that classic creamy American potato salad, from the mustard to the crunchy dill pickles!
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold or red potatoes, about 6 medium large
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 large celery stalks (about 1 1/4 cup sliced)
- 5 green onions (about 1/2 cup sliced)
- 1/2 cup minced dill pickles (about 2 large spears)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (vegan mayo, if desired)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Black pepper
- Dice the potatoes, keeping the skins on. Place them in a large saucepan filled with cold water. Bring it to a boil and cook for 10 minutes until tender when pricked with a fork. Drain and rinse the potatoes under cold water. If using Yukon gold potatoes, slip off the skins with your fingers (you can leave on the skin for red-skinned potatoes).
- Place the potatoes into a bowl and sprinkle with the white wine vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Gently mix and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Slice the celery stalks in half lengthwise, then thinly slice them. Thinly slice the green onions. Mince the dill pickles.
- In the bowl with the potatoes, mix in the mayonnaise, mustard, celery, green onions, pickles, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until serving.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Potato Salad, How to make potato salad, How long to boil potatoes for potato salad, Can you freeze potato salad, How long does potato salad last