These tortellini recipes are deliciously easy dinners that everyone will enjoy! Serve this pasta with creamy sauces, in soups, salads more.
Looking for dinner…fast? Tortellini to the rescue! This type of pasta boils in just 2 minutes, making it ideal for easy weeknight dinners. It’s also great for side dishes and even works in appetizers. These tortellini recipes are genius ways to combine bold flavors into filling dishes. Here are our favorite recipes from this website and a few others from around the internet.
Tortelloni vs tortellini
Before we start: most recipes for tortellini actually use tortelloni pasta. What is tortelloni vs tortellini?
- Tortelloni is a pasta shape that is larger than tortellini and has a filled center. Tortellini is smaller and ring shaped, with a hole in the middle. In traditional Italian cooking, tortelloni filling is vegetarian whereas tortellini often has meat. Tortellini is also often served in broth, whereas tortelloni is served with creamy sauces.
- Where to find it? Tortelloni is easy to find the refrigerated section at your local grocery. It’s usually not available dried or frozen (though you can find tortellini dried and frozen).
And now…our top easy tortellini recipes!
At the top of our tortellini recipes: cheese tortellini in creamy marinara sauce! In just 15 minutes, you’ve got a pasta skillet that’s a literal symphony of flavor. The fresh basil-infused marinara sauce is perfectly complimented with pillows of tangy goat cheese.
Here’s a tortellini recipe that’s ultra versatile for picnics, barbecues, and an easy lunch idea: this Tortellini Salad! The tang of the artichoke, chewy pillowy pasta, zippy tomatoes, and peppery basil come together into a symphony of flavor! Even better, it stores up to 4 days in the fridge, making it a perfect easy lunch.
Here’s a tortellini recipe that will make people come flocking and might result in a few marriage proposals: this creamy tortellini soup! This is one for the books. You can make it in under 30 minutes, and the flavor that results is simply killer. Tomatoes, basil, Parmesan and cream make a lusciously flavored broth that floats with doughy orbs of tortellini.
Here’s an easy appetizer that incorporates tortellini: Antipasto Skewers! They’re everything that’s great about an antipasto platter, in skewer form. Thread olives, mozzarella, marinated artichokes and tortellini pasta onto a skewer, and it’s easily devoured by eaters of all ages. Make them for parties or a light appetizer dinner.
Here’s a favorite way to serve tortellini: with a tangy, garlicky tomato sauce, with a touch of richness from a hint of cream. It’s a great way to make them into a tasty vegetarian dinner or easy side dish. This one has been a huge hit with any friends and family we serve it to!
Here's a recipe that works as a quick main dish or easy side: try this Pesto Tortellini! The herby, creamy sauce is perfect for coating tender tortellini. It's great as a main with a few veggie sides, or it's perfect alongside chicken or fish.
This cheesy vegetarian tortellini bake comes together in about 20 minutes, with less than 10 ingredients, and all in one pan! It's ideal for a busy weeknight when you're short on time. You can even throw in the tortellini uncooked! via Midwest Foodie Blog
Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup with Sausage
This slow cooker creamy tortellini soup is pure comfort food, loaded with vegetables, italian sausage and soft pillow of cheese tortellini! It's thick and creamy without heavy cream or a roux to make the creamy texture. via Cafe Delites
Try three-cheese tortellini smothered in a homemade alfredo sauce! This simple recipe goes big on cheesy-garlic goodness and better yet? It comes together in just 20 minutes from start to finish. via Damn Delicious
Parmesan Chicken with Spinach & Tortellini
Parmesan chicken served with spinach and tortellini is a weeknight meal that feels fancy! The lightly breaded chicken is seared until golden with nutty browned butter, then finished in a simple white wine pan sauce with spinach and Parmesan cheese. Every bite is layered with delicious flavors and the creamiest sauce. via Half Baked Harvest
Creamy Tortellini with Spinach and Mushrooms (One Pan!)
Another one pan tortellini recipe: this creamy tortellini with spinach and mushrooms! It' an easy and tasty meatless one pan meal. The tortellini cooks right in the sauce, so you don't have to mess about with boiling water and cooking the tortellini separately. via Salt and Lavender
Shrimp Tortellini with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
Shrimp tortellini is a total treat: and a quick and easy dinner! It features tender shrimp, an insanely delicious creamy lemon garlic sauce, and cheese tortellini. Bonus that you can whip up this tasty dinner in just 15-minutes! via The Endless Meal
Caprese Pasta Salad with Tortellini
This Caprese Pasta Salad features fresh veggies covered in a zippy balsamic dressing. It may only take 15 minutes to throw together but it is filled with wholesome ingredients, beautiful colors, and fresh summer flavors. via Well Plated
One Pan Tortellini with Sausage
This tortellini with sausage recipe is a quick, easy, flavorful, and comforting dinner that's made all in one pan! Fewer dishes means more time to relax. via Salt and Lavender
Spinach Artichoke Tortellini
This Spinach Artichoke Tortellini recipe is a pasta lover’s dream! Rich, creamy, and cheesy, it's a family dinner everyone will love. And it's ready in just 20 minutes or less! via Lemon Tree Dwelling
This tortellini carbonara is such a treat! It's got a summery spin, made with fresh sweet corn, basil and crispy bacon, it’s an easy, delicious weeknight meal. Omit the corn or use canned corn when it's out of season. via How Sweet Eats
15 Easy Tortellini Recipes for a Quick Meal
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 12 to 16 ounces frozen or refrigerated cheese tortelloni (large tortellini)*
- 28 ounce can crushed fire roasted tomatoes (or best quality crushed tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, tightly packed (or chopped spinach)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounce goat cheese log
- Boil the pasta according to the package instructions (fresh usually takes 2 to 3 minutes and frozen takes 2 to 5 minutes to boil). Then drain it.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, place the crushed tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, oregano, kosher salt, spinach, and whole basil leaves. Bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer while the pasta cooks or at least 10 minutes.
- When the pasta is done and drained, add it to the skillet. Crumble in the goat cheese into the sauce and stir until a creamy sauce forms (if you’d like, save out a few crumbles for topping). Serve immediately.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dinner
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Tortellini recipes
Let us know if you have any questions!