Here are the best rose drinks featuring this delicate pink wine! Make it into cocktails, wine punch, or a bubbly spritzer. Rosé all day, right?
Love rosé wine? Us too. There’s nothing better than a summer afternoon and a glass of rosé. Except… you can drink rose anytime! And even better, you can make it into delicious rose cocktails! This wine varietal is particularly suited to mixed drinks with its delicately sweet flavor and beautiful light pink color. Maybe it’s basic, but we love it. Rosé all day, right?
Might we suggest our favorite rose drinks to try? There are a few great ways we love to make it into a cocktail instead of drinking it straight up. All you need is a handful of other ingredients to transform this beautiful wine into pure magic. Ready to get started?
And now…our top rose drinks to try!
At the top of our rose drinks list: rose sangria! This sangria made with rosé wine is so light and refreshing, so filled with fruity, delicate flavor, that it’s jumped to the top of our favorites list. It’s perfect for summer entertaining, be it a lazy afternoon, pool party, lake house or dinner party drink.
Sangria is so often made with too much sugar, or non traditional ingredients like ginger ale. This recipe shows you how to make rose sangria: the Spanish way! It makes for a delicate, nuanced flavor that’s just sweet enough and will leave you wanting more.
The next best rose drink is a modern classic: frozen rose! Otherwise known as frosé, it's a mashup of a frozen cocktail and that quintessential summer wine. This slushie is just sweet enough, featuring the delicate flavor of the wine and naturally sweetness of strawberries. Tip: You'll need to freeze the slushie mix at least 6 hours or overnight, so make sure to think ahead!
This last rose drink you 100% must try ASAP: a rose spritzer! This is the perfect way to make a no-fuss summer drink that’s full of refreshing bubbles. This wine and soda water combination originated in Austria, and it is legit one of the most refreshing drinks on the planet. Enjoy this rose spritzer over happy hour, for an afternoon on the patio, next to the pool, or while smelling the charcoal at a grilled dinner party.
If you love berries and you love sangria…then you must drop everything and make this now. Presenting…the perfect strawberry sangria! The berries sing and the dry rosé notes peak through just enough. Serve it with a splash of sparkling water and a skewer of fruit, and it’s pretty darn perfect…we think.
- Prep Time: 90 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
Here’s how to make rose sangria! Just a handful of ingredients and fruit make a light and fruity summer drink that everyone will be talking about.
- 1 orange
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bottle rosé, chilled
- ⅓ cup brandy or Grand Marnier
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into rounds
- Sparkling water, for serving
- Chop the orange (leaving the skin on). Slice the strawberries. Add both to the bottom of a pitcher, sprinkle with sugar and stir. Let them stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- After 20 minutes, pour in the rosé wine and brandy. Add the fresh mint and lemon rounds. Stir and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours. (Don’t go beyond 4 hours or the fruit texture starts to degrade.)
- Pour the sangria into ice filled glasses and top with a splash of sparkling water (if desired). Add fruit to each glass, preferably on long skewers for easy snacking.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Chilled
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Rose Drinks, Rose Cocktail
More great wine cocktails
Ready to branch out beyond rose drinks? There are so many great wine cocktails to choose from. Start with a few more of these favorites:
- Red Sangria The classic red wine punch: bold and fruity!
- Easy Frozen Sangria This easy frozen sangria recipe is sure to be a favorite: it’s wine-forward and just sweet enough, with a hint of citrus. Party on!
- White Wine Spritzer Add bubbles to your favorite wine to make the ideal summer drink.
- Aperol Spritz Bubbly, citrusy, herbal, subtly bitter and lightly sweet…this wine cocktail has it all. Meet the Aperol spritz!
interesting i like it