Here’s how to make grilled corn on the cob: the best way! This easy method makes it come out charred, smoky, tender and sweet.
- 8 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon oil: olive oil, grapeseed, vegetable, sunflower
- For serving: butter and salt (or plant-based butter for vegan)
- Heat a grill to medium high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Shuck the corn by peeling down the outside layers one at a time and keeping them attached, facing downwards away from the cob. When you’ve finished, use kitchen twine or string to tie the leaves together (see the photos). This step is optional; it makes a natural handle for eating the corn. Otherwise, simply shuck the corn.
- Use your hands to rub oil on each corn cob evenly.
- Place the corn directly on the grill grates and cook until it begins to blacken, then turn. Cook about 12 to 15 minutes total, until blackened on all sides. Serve immediately with butter and salt, using the tied husks as a handle for easy eating.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Vegetables
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Grilled corn, How to grill corn