Here’s an oatmeal bars recipe that’s beyond easy! These healthy breakfast bars are irresistibly tasty and great for busy mornings and gluten free snacks.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (no sugar added, or sunflower butter for nut free)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons honey (or 1/2 cup agave syrup* for vegan)
- 4 cups Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. Add a sheet of parchment paper to a 9 x 9 pan. Place the ingredients in the pan and press it into an even layer. Use a small glass to roll over the top to get it smooth.
- Freeze the bars for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the freezer and use the parchment to lift it out of the pan. Cut into 16 squares or 32 rectangles. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. You can eat right away, or refrigerate for about 1 hour for a more solid texture.
*Maple syrup is generally our sweetener of choice, but the flavor and texture of honey really make these bars. Since maple syrup is not as sticky as honey, for vegan substitute we recommend agave syrup.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
Keywords: Gluten free snacks