These vegan chocolate chip cookies are a one-bowl recipe that makes for a chewy gluten free cookie topped with flaky sea salt. In a word: Incredible!
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water, plus more if necessary
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, softened but not melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan semisweet chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseed and water and let thicken for 5 minutes.
- To the same bowl, add the coconut oil, sugar, almond butter, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined. Add the almond flour and sprinkle the baking soda and salt evenly over the mixture. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir until well combined, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water if the mixture is too dry. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the baking sheet. Press each ball down slightly and sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if using. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until the edges are just starting the brown.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- When the cookies are completely cool, they can be stored in an airtight container or frozen. (To reheat frozen cookies, bake in a 350F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.)
Reprinted with permission from Love and Lemons Everyday by Jeanine Donofrio and Jack Matthews
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies, Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies