This tomato basil sheet pan gnocchi recipe is so easy: there’s no boiling required! Bake it up with pesto and prepare to be amazed.
- 1 16-ounce package uncooked potato gnocchi (vegan or gluten free as desired, or cauliflower gnocchi*)
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil pesto (use Vegan Pesto for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese, for topping (omit for vegan)
- 1 handful torn or chopped basil leaves, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray or line it with parchment paper.
- SPread the gnocchi and tomatoes out on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss. Spoon on the pesto and toss until everything is coated. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, dried basil, and red pepper flakes and toss well to combine everything. Make sure everything, especially the gnocchi, is seasoned well.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until the gnocchi is tender, tossing once during the cook time.
- Serve the gnocchi immediately. Sprinkle with the Parmesan, additional red pepper flakes, and fresh basil. (As a note, any leftover gnocchi becomes hard in the fridge; you’ll want to reheat it again before eating leftovers.)
*Look for vegan or gluten-free gnocchi for those diets (some brands are already vegan). You can also make this using Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi. Use them right from the freezer, and make sure the gnocchi are not clumped together. Roast about 25 to 30 minutes, and note the outsides might not get as crisp as the standard potato gnocchi.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian inspired
Keywords: Gnocchi recipe, gnocchi, sheet pan gnocchi