Are you a snacker? I am more than I’d like to be. Try as I might, at times my motivation for snacking is because I’m bored, aimless, stressed, tired, or just on auto-pilot. But as I aim to be more intentional and mindful in my eating habits, I’m working toward snacking because I’m hungry.
Luckily, once we made the change to eating mostly natural foods, our snacks have become quite healthy (as long as we don’t overdo it on portion size). This week’s crispy chickpeas and honey sesame almonds are both snacks that are full of nutrients and tasty enough to satisfy. We shared these almonds at a party and they were gobbled up in no time.
Here are a few more of our favorite natural and healthy snacks — especially useful for the upcoming Superbowl if you’re a football fan!
Loaded Sweet Potato Rounds (our favorite!)
Roasted Tomato Almond Dip (another party favorite)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups roasted almonds (unsalted)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Scant ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place 2 tablespoons honey in a small, microwave-safe bowl or pitcher and microwave for 15 seconds.
- In a bowl, mix the honey with the remainder of the ingredients.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the mixture on the baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Allow to cool fully, then break apart almonds gently.