It’s summer here in Indiana! To celebrate, we made our favorite summertime treat and brought our video camera along to show you!
With our recent focus on fresh herbs, we wanted to share with you this lovely way to use mint, along with that signal that summer has arrived – strawberries! We picked up some fresh local strawberries from the Broad Ripple Farmer’s Market this weekend for the occasion.
It’s become a summertime tradition for us – hope you enjoy it too! (Plus, you get to practice your chiffonade.)
- 12 mint leaves
- 2 cups strawberries (1 pint)
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground pepper
- 15 ounces Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Chiffonade the mint leaves.
- Wash the strawberries and slice them. In a small bowl, mix the berries with 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar. Add a few grinds of fresh pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt and 2 tablespoons honey (to taste).
- To serve, place a dollop of the yogurt in a bowl, and top with berries and mint.