Here’s how to make the classic margarita recipe! It’s easy with just 3 ingredients: tequila, lime, and orange liqueur.
- 1 ½ ounces tequila blanco or reposado*
- 1 ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
- ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt or flaky sea salt, for the rim
- Lime wedge, for the garnish
- Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of salt.
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with 4 ice cubes and shake until cold.
- Strain the margarita into the glass with the salted rim. Fill the glass with ice and serve.
- For a margarita pitcher (8 servings): Place 1 ½ cups tequila, 1 cup Cointreau or Triple Sec, and ¾ cup lime juice in a pitcher. Add 3 handfuls ice and stir until cold. Pour into the prepared glasses.
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktail
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Margarita, margarita recipe, margarita ingredients, how to make a margarita