Cavatappi pasta is corkscrew shaped and great with creamy sauces. Serve it with a creamy white sauce, spinach, and sundried tomatoes for an easy dinner! (For a vegan option, use 4 cups Vegan Alfredo Sauce instead of the cauliflower sauce.)
- 6 garlic cloves*
- 1 small head cauliflower (1 1/2 to 2 pounds), enough for 6 cups florets
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 pound Delallo cavatappi pasta
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons Delallo sundried tomatoes, minced
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- Make the cauliflower sauce*: Mince the garlic. Chop the cauliflower.
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the cauliflower and saute for 4 minutes until lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the vegetable broth, garlic powder, oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook 6 to 7 minutes on medium high heat until the cauliflower is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, make the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta until it is al dente (start tasting a few minutes before the package recommends: you want it to be tender but still a little firm on the inside). When the pasta is just about al dente, add spinach to pasta water in last 45 seconds (it only needs this long to cook). Then drain the pasta and spinach and return to the pot.
- Blend the cauliflower sauce: When the cauliflower is cooked (in Step 3), carefully transfer the hot cauliflower and broth mixture to a blender. Blend on high until a smooth sauce forms. Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and an additional 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and blend again.
- Serve: Once the pasta is done, pour in the cauliflower sauce. Add the chopped sundried tomatoes, the additional 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes (if using). Taste and if desired add salt or fresh ground pepper. Top with parsley and serve. Store leftovers refrigerated (see reheating instructions above.
*For a plant-based pasta, use 4 cups Vegan Alfredo Sauce instead of the first 8 ingredients!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Cavatappi pasta, Pasta dinner ideas, Cauliflower sauce