- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- Variation: 3 tablespoons chopped chives, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, or Herb Cream Cheese
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened. Leave it out at room temperature for 1 hour, or place it on a plate in the microwave, cook 5 seconds, flip over the block of cheese and cook another 5 seconds. (If it’s not room temperature at this point, cook another few seconds, but err on the conservative side.)
- Whip the cream cheese and milk in a food processor or a stand mixer for 1 to 2 minutes until light and fluffy. In a large food processor, you’ll need to stop and scrape a few times.
- If desired, add the chives and seasonings for chive whipped cream cheese, or go to Herb Cream Cheese. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Category: Spread
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Spread
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Whipped cream cheese