The vodka sour is a classic sour cocktail: it’s refreshingly sweet tart with a frothy egg white foam on top! Ready for cocktail hour in just 5 minutes.
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) vodka
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) lime juice (or omit)
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 egg white*
- For the garnish: Cocktail cherry and lemon wedge
- Add the vodka, lemon juice, lime juice, syrup, bitters, and egg white to a cocktail shaker without ice. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Add the ice to the cocktail shaker. Shake again for 30 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a glass; the foam will collect at the top. Serve with ice, a lemon wedge, and a cocktail cherry.
*Substitute 2 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas) for a vegan variation.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Vodka sour