This garden vegetable soup recipe is simple and satisfying! It’s a veggie-loaded homemade spin on canned soup that’s infinitely tastier.
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 celery ribs
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano and dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 8 cups (2 quarts) vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green beans
- 15-ounce can white beans (cannellini, Great Northern or other), drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 5 ounces pasta spirals (about 2 cups dry)
- Dice the onion. Dice the bell pepper. Thinly slice the celery. Peel and thinly slice the carrot into rounds. Mince the garlic.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, carrots, and garlic, and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, thyme, and turmeric and stir. Continue cooking for about 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, frozen green beans, drained and rinsed white beans, and fresh ground pepper. Bring a simmer.
- Add the frozen peas and pasta and continue simmering until the pasta is cooked, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for several minutes. Taste and add the additional salt as necessary.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegetable soup, vegetable soup recipe, easy vegetable soup, homemade vegetable soup, How to make vegetable soup