Need plant based dinner ideas? Try this Vegan Taco Salad recipe! It stars walnut taco meat and a zingy chipotle dressing.
- 1 recipe Vegan Walnut Taco Meat
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts (enough for 8 cups chopped)
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 handful ripe cherry tomatoes or pico de gallo (purchased or homemade)
- 1 ripe avocado or 1 cup guacamole
- 2 handfuls finely chopped red onion or thinly sliced green onion, or both
- Crushed tortilla chips (about 1 handful per serving)
- For the dressing: Salsa, Chipotle Sauce, Taco Sauce, or Cilantro Sauce
- Optional toppings: easy black beans or refried beans, black bean and corn salad, pickled jalapenos or pickled onions
- Make the Walnut Taco Meat.
- Chop the romaine, drain the corn, half the tomatoes and dice the avocado. Thinly slice the onion. Prep any additional toppings.
- Make the taco salad dressing by stirring together all ingredients.
- To serve, place romaine in a bowl or on a plate. Top with veggies, taco meat, crushed tortilla chips, and drizzle with salsa or the Chipotle Sauce, Taco Sauce or Cilantro Sauce.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: Vegan taco salad