Here’s your perfect vegan pumpkin pie recipe! This plant based spin on the standard is (dare we say it) even more delicious than the original.
- 1 Vegan Pie Crust
- 2 1/4 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling; buy 2 15-ounce cans and measure out)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice blend (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- For serving: vegan whipped cream
- Make the Vegan Pie Crust Step 1 and 2, then refrigerate it while you make the filling.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Measure out the pumpkin puree into a blender. Add the coconut milk, vanilla, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, and kosher salt. Blend until smooth.
- Make a pie crust shield using aluminum foil: cut a hole in the center of a large square of aluminum foil that’s the diameter of your pie plate. The foil will rest on the crust but let the pie filling be uncovered. (It will look like this.)
- Roll out the pie crust and add it to a standard pie plate (not deep dish), following the instructions in Vegan Pie Crust.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust. Fill it all the way to the rim, but don’t overfill the pie plate. Depending on your pie plate, you may have about 1/4 cup leftover that you can discard (or taste!).
- Bake the pie for 55 minutes total until set, adding the foil shield for the crust at the 30 minute mark. Cool 1 hour on counter, then refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Pie
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan pumpkin pie, vegan pumpkin pie recipe