This chocolate vegan mug cake is the ultimate dessert! It takes just 5 minutes and comes out perfectly moist and gooey.
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Dutch process /dark cocoa powder (or standard cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (granulated or coconut)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons oat milk or almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free dark chocolate chips (or 1 tablespoon peanut butter)
- Mix: In a 12 ounce* microwave-safe mug, mix the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in the dairy-free milk and oil. Add the chocolate chips and stir once (or if using peanut butter, bury it in the center of the batter using a spoon).
- Microwave: Place a paper towel under the mug in the microwave, then cook on High 60 seconds. Check for doneness: if it’s still gooey and wet on top, microwave another 20 seconds, then another 10 seconds. It done when the top looks cooked and springs back when you touch it (it will still appear moist but will be springy). The exact timing depends on the microwave: ours works well with 60 seconds, then another 30 seconds.
- Cool: Important: wait for 2 to 3 minutes for the cake to cool down from piping hot to warm. Don’t taste right away: it doesn’t taste right. But cooling a few minutes does the trick! Top with vegan whipped cream or vegan ice cream and serve warm.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: Cake
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan mug cake