Here’s the very best tuna salad sandwich you’ll have! This classic recipe is creamy, zingy, and full of flavor. (Plus, 2 variations to mix it up.)
- 1 5-ounce can white meat tuna
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or 1/2 ripe avocado; see Step 3)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 chopped hard boiled egg (optional)
- 4 slices bread, for serving (like artisan, no knead, whole wheat, sandwich, or sourdough)
- Drain the tuna. Place it in a bowl and use a fork to break apart any large clumps.
- Finely chop the celery, red onion, and dill pickles.
- For Classic Tuna Salad, use a fork to mix together the tuna and chopped vegetables with the Greek yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and kosher salt. Add shredded Parmesan if desired (it really steps it up a notch!). For Tuna Salad with Egg, add chopped hard boiled egg. For Avocado Tuna Salad, use 1/2 chopped ripe avocado instead of the Greek yogurt and mayo, and skip the Parmesan.
- Lightly toast the bread, if desired. Spoon the tuna salad onto the bread and serve.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Tuna Salad Sandwich